Friday, September 28, 2012

PASSION fruit

IF you haven't noticed, I get passionate about things very easily. It's very easy to please me, but also to make me sad or angry. In fact, pretty much any emotion comes to me as easily as breathing. It makes life scary and interesting all at the same time. I'm proud of friends who have stuck by me. I feel sorry for my future husband, but I'm thankful for God who keeps me sane. Anywho, I think my perfect fruit is the Passion Fruit. IT's a fruit that only grows in extremely tropical areas. And let me tell ya, it's the weirdest but best fruit ever. It's round and innocent looking on the outside, but what you find on the inside ISN'T. It looks like frog eggs, (gross i now) and EXTREMELY SOUR. However, add a little sugar, even just a pinch, and it's the most delicious thing you have ever tasted.  I'm serious. It's awesome in juice, in a desert, as a candy, frozen, or just straight up out of the skin. As long as you've got a little sugar, a spoon, and some love. You got a give it a chance and get to know it before you can really enjoy it. 
Which is just like a person. Almost everyone looks average on the outside, but you when you open them up, it's something unexpected, and there's a lot of little parts to them. When you add a little sugar, aka, kindness, they can be really sweet. Hog the sugar to yourself, aka, ignore them, they'll be as sour as lemons. So even if someone seems weird on the inside, show them some love! You might end up with a sweet treat, aka, friend. Wow, how did I get here? Anyways, here's some examples of DELISH passion fruit stuff I've had. All in the Dominican Republic.  

Passion fruit popsicles! The BEST popsicle I have EVER had in my life. I really can't describe what Passion Fruit tastes like, it's something you have to try yourself. 


At the resort they had "fruit punch" and since we were on a tropical island, I assumed it would be natural. It tasted like kool-aid. :p so I got a passion fruit from the fruit bar and squeezed it in. Yes those are seeds going up my straw. It was worth it. 

If you really want to try it, Welch has a passion fruit juice. However, while it might give you an IDEA of the flavor, you need to try an actual passion fruit to really enjoy it. Just like apple juice sort of reminds you of apples, but it never tastes like an actual bite of apple would. The juice is still really good though.
The END


No comments:

Post a Comment