Monday, April 30, 2012

surprise!

I was going to post this the day after it happened (April 13th) but I just NOW got pictures, and we all know that blog posts without pictures can get boring ;)

Well my sister is officially a party ninja. Who knew? So remember my birthday post? honestly, that would rank as a boring birthday in my book, but I tried to make the best of it. Whew, its great to let that out...Well apparently the entire time my little sis was blowing me off, she was planning a surprise party for me and Sydney (the girl who brought me the cupcake, it was her birthday a couple weeks before mine). And I didn't suspect one teenie tiny thing. So my awesome friend Alyssa said she was going to take me and syd out for our birthdays since she was away at college when they happened. Leslie said she had to stay home and finish a paper but could we please come back and pick her up later. Of course I was like "NO WAY" that would be a waste of gas, time, money blah blah blah. You know, me, miss practical. Well she "convinced" Alyssa to do it and I was like whatever. So at this point I'm pretty upset at Leslie, one for not finishing her paper so that she could come with us, and two for not "giving a rip" about my birthday that entire week. Well we went shopping and came back. I charged into the house with the mindset of getting a coupon for Carrabas and telling Leslie to hurry up (me and my "practicality") only to be stopped short by blasting party music and streamers and balloons everywhere. Next thing I know I see Anna's beautiful face looking at me like she missed something (apparently syd and I were supposed to come in at the same time) and I see Jordan and Katie pop out. Then I can't see anything because my eyes are blurry from tears and Anna's shoulder. Let me clarify, I was not crying from shock but from the realization that  Leslie and mom, and everyone had actually done it. They had thrown me (and Sydney) a surprise party. Well needless to say the rest of the night was so much fun and I got awesome gifts, some handmade, and we danced and walked outside and I still smile when I think about it while I sit here typing this while drinking a Java Chip Frappuccino that I got a giftcard for that night as well. Here are some pictures and hopefully you will have an awesome sister like mine to throw you a surprise party. Goodness, now I really have to step it up for her birthday... ;)

Our food (minus the delish burgers). Anna made the cake, it was flourless! Who knew!? It was soooo good. the strawberries complimented it perfectly.

Me and Syd

Alyssa WROTE these for us.


Our friend Naomi DREW these, they were incredible. We did like them, we just didn't want to take any more pictures.

This is perfectly normal. I think it would take an entire blog post to explain those three, Naomi on the left, Anna on the right, and yes, that's my sister Leslie lounging like it's no big deal.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and you spelled "frappuccino" wrong. Again.
    But you're welcome for the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well actually I'm pretty lucky those were the only ones, because I just realized that I didn't spell check this one. Are those really the only comments you have> fine I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete