Thursday, March 29, 2012

mmmmm....

 So, day I get back from my trip, my parents tried to LEAVE me at home! They wanted to go out to eat by THEMSELVES! I've been gone for a week and they want to go out?????? I felt very unloved. Well...In there defense, they had TWO good excuses. One was that they thought I would drop dead on my bed and sleep until the sun shined the next day, and two, they figured I've been eating out all week with my awesome aunt and living the life, that I didn't need to tag a long. Nevertheless they were mistaken in both, I did not want to sleep, and I always need to go out! Anyways, after all of that ruckus we ended up going to The Flying Biscuit. I know right!? My Mom chose it. Ahem, let me repeat. My MOM chose it. For those of you who don't know, my mom's not a big fan of going to random restaurants that are slightly expensive that serve southern food. But The Flying Biscuit had two things going for them ( I am sensing a theme here, there seem to always be two arguments...Interesting), One, turns out they have a lot of variety, one item of which I am going to share the experience with you today, and two, they put coupons in the mail! If that's not a winner to you (and my mom), I don't know what is. Okay, so enough context. What I ate, no what I EXPERIENCED ON A WHOLE NEW LEVEL of eating was a plate called Jamaican Jambalaya. Yes ma'am/sir. Jamaican Jambalaya. The picture I have was poorly taken with my phone and does not even begin to express how amazing it was. So I am not going to put it. It makes me cry of how terrible it is compared to the amazingness of the pasta.  Now, the dish itself. It had tomatoes sauce, real tomato, made right there in the restaurant, and THREE kinds of meat, yes THREE. Chicken, some kind of spicy sausage, the good kind, and shrimp.... Not for the weak of heart, or stomach. It was sweet because of the tomato sauce, but naturally, not like a ton of sugar, but the kind of sweet that should be in a perfect tomato sauce. And then it was spicy because of the sausage and peppers. the pasta was a perfect canvas for it, since pasta doesn't have much flavor but is good nonetheless. Well that's it. Every bite was as enjoyable as the first. I couldn't get used to it. Well I found a picture on Google, it kind of looked like this but with penne pasta instead of rice. :)





 Also, I have to mention Mrs. Roxanne's dessert. She is a lady in our Church K-Group. It's called....drumroll please......
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
Enough said, I think









1 comment:

  1. LEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!March 31, 2012 at 7:37 PM

    Excellent choice of words ;)

    ReplyDelete