Saturday, September 21, 2013

presenting...from your not so local Dekalb Farmer's market...

(If you happen to live in Dekalb, then I suppose it is local for you)


Last time I posted on the Dekalb market, I said I would post pictures. Well I obviously didn't notice the millions of signs they have that say "No cameras" and "Photography not allowed." So I couldn't get you any pictures of the actual place. You'll just have to go there YOURSELF! Imagine that...
However I did get some pictures of the stuff we got. Here's a few highlights. 


This tasted like chocolate ice cream... I KNOW. 


These my dear friends, are limoncillos. What are limoncillos you may ask? Only the most delicious fruit in the world. They grow in the Dominican Republic and have I never found them here, not even in florida. I had lost all hope of ever finding them here a long time ago and then BAM, these show up. They were just sitting there on their shelf with a little Dominican Flag above them. I almost didn't believe that's what it was (apparently in English they are called guinep). Guys, I literally almost cried. 
It was a beautiful moment. 


Of course we can't leave out our dear passion fruit. Unlike Welch's joke of a passion fruit juice, this is straight passion fruit, water, and sugar. Just like lemonade, but a million times better. 

1 comment: