Friday, September 20, 2013

de colores

I think it's a known fact that God is surpassingly creative beyond anything we could imagine.
 I never cease to be amazed.

 The other day at the wonderful Dekalb Farmers market, (which I mention here) I found something called Rainbow Chard. Now I know nothing about chard, except that it is Swiss and commonly green, but at the market we found naturally COLORFUL chard! 


It looks like celery with a head of spinach, but colorful! I looked it up and it's naturally found like this. No dyes or anything! 

Thinking about it, there are plenty of fruits and veggies that are colorful; oranges, apples, tomatoes, carrots, peppers...shall I go on? I guess because it is more commonly known as green chard, this seems EXTRAordinary. Then again, all our fruits and veggies are extraordinary. They do so much good for our bodies, it's mind blowing when you look it up. You should go do that... right now. 


I found a recipe online that said to use a bit of coconut oil, and sauté the chard with sunflower seeds and cranberries. The chard itself has a strong flavor. It reminded me of kale mixed with green tea. Yum.   Especially with the seeds and cranberries. They gave it exactly what you think they would, a nutty and sweet flavor. I know shocking, but still... delicious. I was impressed, and Rainbow Chard is definitely going on my "must get these every time I go to Dekalb" list...which is getting scarily long. Oh well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment