Monday, April 15, 2013

20


Well...I turned twenty... I suppose that deserves some sort of acknowledgement on here. Especially since I tend to post a lot on "growing up".
It's kind of exciting. I feel like my life is REALLY going to start now. I know that technically I won't be doing anything different, but I feel really a part of the adult world. Before, I was a teen in college. Now, I'm in my early twenties in college. Doesn't that sound completely different? To me it does. I don't know what God has in store for my life, but I can feel myself heading towards it.

My friends did an excellent job with gifts this year. I almost cried at every one. Two of them gave me tea. But not just any tea. my Absolute favorites. And you would think, that's no big deal, well I didn't tell you they ACCIDENTLY chose my favorite teas. I think that's birthday Karma*. My dear sister Leslie (yes, I just called you dear >:) Leslie ) made me a chocolate cake from SCRATCH. With whole wheat, drowned in chocolate. It was fantastic. However, the top food gift that I received, ( can you tell I have a thing for food? People give it to me as presents) was a batch of All Natural, somewhat Organic, made from SCRATCH, Oatmeal Crème pies. Oh man, those took the prize. They were incredible. That girl, Taylor, is Amazing. Thank you Taylor.

              
 
 
Other incredible gifts were
Les Miserable DVD, which I opened after right after seeing it for the first time. Emotional much? Goodness, that movie is emotionally exhausting. I love it.  
A watch, I had no idea how incomplete my life was without one.
AND PETER PAN! well not the actual boy, I still have yet to find him, It was an annotated version  of the book, with a bunch of extra's like J.M. Barrie's life story, original notes and drawings, original screen play(I know right!?), and other cool stuff. Perfect for a nerdy girl who is a tiny bit obsessed about the boy who never grows up.
 
Thanks to everyone who made this entire weekend oh so fun. I'm truly blessed.

 
*p.s. I don't really believe in Karma, it was just really cool .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment