Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Outings...Outside.

Something that I have always known is fun, but almost never done, is go out with friends OUTSIDE.

 
Serenbe is one of those great places where there is a lot to see without necessarily spending money. And if you get tired of window shopping, you can get lost on a four hour hike on an endless trail! (Yes, that actually happened to me) That's always fun. Right..?
Regardless of how LONG you go, the trails at Serenbe are BEAUTIFUL whether you go in the spring, summer, or fall. Though I think fall is my favorite.
 



 
 
 
Ever heard of Geocaching? I hadn't until recently. Even spell checker recognizes it. Apparently it's extremely popular and you can find it all over. It's like an ongoing worldwide scavenger hunt. A couple days ago I went with some friends. We were all broke but really wanted to do something. The lovely Alyssa suggested walking around the lake in PTC. Then I remembered hearing about geo caching, and found the app on my phone. Next thing we know, we are trampling all over a hill among the trees and thorns looking for a "coffee can sized container." We never did find that coffee can. We did find the next one, a little camo covered pill bottle (seriously, a camo pill bottle? some people). We did mange to find that one, after passing it about five times. :D It had a list inside with all the names of the people who had found it. pretty cool. It has become my new addiction. While I don't usually have time to go looking for them, I sometimes stop and see if there are any around. Surprisingly there everywhere! So if you are ever bored, grab your smart phone, gps, or you can even print off the directions at home, and go find a random container with random stuff in it. what could possibly go wrong?  
 
 
 


 

I like a somewhat wise person said "a dead end sign really just means 'awesome forest ahead'" Go check out that forest. you might find something good you weren't expecting.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment