Thursday, December 6, 2012

on long hair...

Long hair, it's fun. Except when it tries to attack you.

I think my hair has finally reached the "long" stage. I've been waiting forever. How can I tell? Well when your hair gets tangled in what your eating... or when it gets tangled in a heavy bag on its way down and tries to bring you down WITH it..... then I think you know its long. (that happened to me yesterday) I'd say tangled comes up a lot when it comes to long hair, hence the perfectly titled movie "tangled" about Rapunzel.

Long hair is a part of you, it's like a creature that you'll always have by your side (or behind you). Its pretty unruly, but when it finally decides to behave it looks great. It feel good on your shoulders, like a permanent comfort blanket. And there so much you can DO with it. So many styles its overwhelming,  but it's still just as great hanging down free. Yesterday I took the bottom section of my hair, wrapped it around the rest of my hair, stuck a pin in it and BAM, ponytail without the ponytail holder.

It's a blessing and a pain that my hair is thick and curly, which is one of the reasons it gets everywhere. Long straight hair stays down. That just won't do for curly hair. And, when I try to run my fingers through it, they get lost. Curly hair has a mind of its own. But its nice when it comes to ponytails with just one pin. Yeah, its fun too. Like yesterday, when it tried to pull me down, thats a great story I can tell my grand children some day... Sure I'm afraid it'll catch on fire some day, but I wouldn't trade my wild curly hair for anything.


2 comments:

  1. you know what's better than pulling long hair into a ponytail without anything other than a pin to fasten it??

    the absence of all of it.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes, the beauty of the same exact hairstyle everyday.

    ReplyDelete