Sunday, June 23, 2013

God is good.

So tonight I almost had a heart attack. I made a mistake that would have bummed out a ton of people, but of course God used it for good, better actually. He is forever teaching me that His plans are better than mine. That despite all my planning and supposed control, things WILL spiral out of my tiny grasp into His bigger hands.
Tomorrow a bunch of girls and I planned to go to six flags to take a friend who had never been. We "planned it perfectly" so that those with passes could get others a discount. I completely forgot that I had made a commitment to baby-sit for someone the same day. Which of course, I didn't remember till about 10pm tonight. So for a little over an hour it was a crazy rush to get someone to replace me. We were so close to canceling the trip and bum out six girls. Then Leslie says she didn't want to go to six flags in the first place so she is going to babysit! So that solved one problem. Unfortunately, she was one of the season pass girls. To shorten the story, we finally decided to give her season pass to a friend. Leslie apparently didn't want one of those either. So in the end, everyone got taken care of better than I could have hoped. Leslie gets out of sixflags and gets to make money in the process, I get to go, mom doesn't have drive us, and a very deserving girl gets a cool surprise present. God is good

2 comments: