Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Orleans

While on our way home, we stopped in new Orleans to eat. We didn't get to see the city, it was jazz festival weekend, so it was super packed... "ain't nobody got time for that" ...we still had two states to drive through. 
We did get to stop at this little place called Sammy's. Man it was good. I thought I had eaten gumbo before...I was WRONG. It was so deliciously different, I dont even know what that cheapo wanna be gumbo I had before was THINKING. The whole atmosphere was different. In Georgia you get used to the slow paced kindly southern folk who hold the door for each other and will give you a nickel if you're short at the checkout. That tiny restaurant we stopped in was nothing of the sort. It was fast paced and crowded. Not fun to be caught in, but fun to watch from the sidelines. There was literally a lady who yelled "if you don't know what you want, STEP OUT OF THE LINE." I ordered quick as I could and stepped back to watch. It was crazy but everyone seemed to be getting what they wanted. Our group was a little lost, but all the other people seemed to be having a fine time. Just another Saturday afternoon lunch rush for them. I hope I can go back and spend a little more time there. And not just for the food either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment