Monday, October 22, 2012

I hear the wedding bells.......oh wait, no I don't

God moves in wonderful mysterious ways. Today has been a day of tears. Happy tears, tears that have come from seeing the awesomeness of God displayed for all to see! He is using so many things in my life to help me grow and I hope my thick head will continue to respond to them.

Let's start with one of the majors. So, for those of you who know me, you know I was kinda obsessed with getting married. Okay, really obsessed. That was about a year ago. Frineds around me were getting into relationships and I felt that I would never find the "perfect guy." Then God decided to take my sinful (yes, they were sinful, being discontent is a sin!) thoughts on their heads and kick them right out. Well, maybe he didn't do it all at once, like I said, my head is thick, it takes time for things to come and go sometimes. Anyways through a series of scriptures, books, people and a conference I've been able to see that God can and will do so much with my life while I wait to get married, or dare I say it? If I never do. 

The mission trip this summer opened my eyes to people I could be helping in my singleness. Scripture has shown me how I need to be content and gloryfing God at ALL times, even now. A book called "singled out for Him" by Nancy Leigh Demoss showed me how much I can and should be doing RIGHT NOW with all the free time I have NOT being in a relationship. Another book and more scripture, and people and ect., have shown me how NOT ready I am to make that kind of commitment, how I need to be growing so that IF that right guy ever comes, I'll be ready. Oh and I also was given the thought that maybe "THE man" isn't ready either and we all just need to do some more growing. 

I am patiently waiting in Him now, and he satisfies me completely in every way. I just pray He will keep sending me the reminders!

I'll be posting other ways God's been amazing. At least till my laptop comes back to life and I can finally show you some awesome pictures.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty awesome, Emily. =) It's so encouraging to see how God's been growing you! xo

    ReplyDelete